Just got this email from my certifying body that the results that they've gotten by using their methods have been published in 3 scientific journals!
You can read the abstracts for all and the full study for two of them. If you don't want to take the time to read them, just know that this program is awesome. It makes so much sense, is relatively easy to implement, doesn't involve any weird supplements or weird habits, teaches you how to make great decisions that will help you for a lifetime and involves eating actual, real food!
Another recently published study was done in conjunction with Dr. Shannon Lynch and Dr. Kathryn Schmitz, both PN Coaching grads and researchers at the Perelman School of Medicine at University of Pennsylvania and the Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia.
In this one we studied female breast cancer survivors who underwent prophylactic oophorectomy and thus experienced premature surgical menopause. We examined:
* cardiovascular fitness, * dietary intake, * leisure time activity, * body composition, * bone mineral density, * bone structure, * muscle strength.
Again, really positive results...
* Average adherence to the program was 74.8%.
* Women in coaching maintained their fitness (1.1%) while the control group decreased (-4.0%).
* Women in coaching gained bone area (0.5) while the control group decreased (-0.8).
* Women in coaching decreased BMI (-4.7%) and fat mass (-8.6%) while the control group only lost lean mass.
In conclusion, in this population at high risk for negative bone and cardiovascular outcomes, PN Coaching preserved cardiovascular health, improved bone health, decreased weight through fat loss.
Here's the final study, again done in conjunction with Dr. Shannon Lynch and Dr. Kathryn Schmitz (mentioned above).
In this one we studied young male (testis) and female (breast) cancer survivors. We examined:
* weight loss, * body fat %, * BMI, * waist-to-hip ratio * retention rates * adverse events.
Again, exciting results. Men and women who completed the program:
* lost an average of 17.8 pounds, * lost 9% of their initial body weight, * decreased their BMI by 2.5, * lost 3.5% body fat.
In conclusion, as half of adult cancer survivors under the age of 50 are obese and struggle with weight loss, this study showed that PN Coaching can help this population lose weight, lose fat, and lower BMI.